Quick Organizing Ideas you can do in 1, 5, and 10 minutes at a time.
In previous posts we’ve talked about decluttering and quick and easy organizing tips and ideas. Some of you have wanted even more ideas for quick organizing tasks stating that you sometimes only have a minute or 2 at a time to devote to organizing. Small organizing projects can be stepping stones to larger projects. Here are some 1 minute, 5 minute, and 10 minute organizing ideas to get you started. I’m sure you’ll be able to think of more as you get these tasks completed.
1 Minute Organizing:
- Put an envelope in your purse for receipts
- Empty your car garbage bag
- Decide whether to keep or donate a few items
- Take expired medications out of the medicine cabinet
- Take a look at your day planner to stay on schedule
- Take out the garbage
- Designate an In/Out spot
5 Minute Organizing:
- Sign child’s homework and permission slips
- Clean out your wallet and file receipts
- Schedule an appointment
- Pick up 5 things and put them where they belong
- Decide whether to keep or donate 5 items
- Set a timer and go through your emails as fast as you can
- Clean out old spices and check for expiration dates
10 Minute Organizing:
- Empty and load the dishwasher
- Clean out the junk drawer
- Find 15 things to donate or toss
- Sew on a button or two
- Write a note to a friend or relative
- Change the sheets on a bed
- Clean out and organize under the kitchen sink
Once you have finished these quick organizing tasks you might find this 15 Minute Organizing Series helpful.
You can get a great sense of accomplishment completing several smaller tasks while whittling down your to-do list. Focus on your progress and not perfection as you get your spaces organized. Good luck in your organizing journey.