Try these tips and ideas to start your day off right and Make the Most of Your Mornings.
I’m not a morning person so I’ve come up with ways to make my mornings more productive and therefore my day run smoother. If I do these things in the morning I find I get so much more accomplished in the morning and throughout the day. Try them and see if they work for you.
- Prepare the Night Before – What can you do before you go to bed? Pick out your clothes for the next day, take a shower or bath in the evening, make your lunch, get all your supplies together and by the door for morning.
- Get Enough Sleep – Nothing is worse than having to get up early on very little sleep. It can ruin your whole day.
- Get up 15 Minutes Earlier – Don’t hit snooze! Those extra 15 minutes can give you just the amount of time you need to not have to rush and be flustered at the start of your day.
- Don’t check Your Phone, Email, or any Devices until you get to Work – Give yourself time to get ready for the day and enjoy your morning before the world creeps in.
- Make Your Bed – Make it first thing in the morning. It’s surprising what a difference making your bed can make in your day. I always know that if I don’t get much else accomplished, at least I know my bed got made.
- Get Dressed Immediately – The longer you lounge in your pajamas or sweats the harder it is to be productive. I don’t know about you but I’m still in slow-mo if I have my pajamas on.
- Quiet Time, Prayer, Meditation – Whatever you need to do to reflect, gain insight, get guidance, focus on tasks, and visualize your day. Take a few minutes to get the peace and guidance you need to feel throughout your day. Those few minutes can make a huge positive influence on your day.
- Eat Smart – Eat a good breakfast within a half hour of getting up. Also make sure to start your day with a good sized glass of water, add lemon if you like.
- Make a To-Do List – I actually do this the night before but some prefer to do it in the morning. It should only take a few minutes. Check your schedule and make your to-do list from it. Make sure not to over-schedule yourself.
- Take a little Me Time – When my kids were younger I would always get up at least 15 minutes before them so I could have a little time to myself before the start of the day.
- Make a Morning Play List – What music gets you going, motivates you, or relaxes you? Turn on the music but not the TV.
- Don’t Forget Exercise – Make your way to the gym or just outside. Go for a walk, take a hike, run, walk the kids to school. It’s the perfect way to start your day and know that you already got your exercise for the day in.