I shared this post at Organizing Made Fun a few weeks ago but for those of you who didn’t see it I thought I would share it here. Let’s talk about Beauty Products Storage and Expiration Dates. When was the last time you cleaned out your expired or never used make-up? Do you keep buying more and more products, adding them to your ever growing stash? A few years ago I had way too many beauty products, some I had never used and some that had been expired for years. Once I cleaned out my stash I vowed to keep it that way. I have a few things I do to keep my beauty products in check so I’m not wasting money and space.
1. I buy my tried and true products. These are products I like and I know they work so there’s really no need to try something new and take the risk I might not like it.
2. If I do want to try a new make-up I can sample it at the make-up counter, wear it for a day, and go back to purchase it later if I love it.
3. I often buy a sample size of a product to test it out before I commit to spending more money on the product.
4. I write the expiration date on the product with a sharpie marker when I purchase it. I know exactly when I need to replace it with a new one and toss the old one.
5. I go through my beauty products twice a year and toss out any expired products or one’s I haven’t use within those 6 months.
I made a printable for you with the guidelines I use for beauty product expiration dates. Just click on the description below to print one out for yourself.
It’s easy to keep your products separated and organized by using inexpensive baskets.
Or glass jars for things you want to display.
Don’t forget to go through your make up that is kept in other places such as your gym bag or travel case. Don’t think of this as one more space you need to organize, think of all the space you’ll be getting back and how you’ll be getting rid of things you don’t use anyway.
Here are a couple more posts you might enjoy: