It’s Thursday, so that means it’s time for a post from one of my awesome contributors. Melissa is sharing with us another incredible recipe this month. How did she know brownies are my favorite dessert? I’m going to try to make a gluten free version. I’ll let you know how it turns out.
I love a good classic fudge brownie, but for years I have been using boxed brownie mix because they are convenient and they taste fine. I also couldn’t find a brownie recipe from scratch that loved. A few years ago I decided it was time to find the perfect brownie recipe. I was so disappointed with a few recipes that I tried at first that I almost gave up, but I’m glad I didn’t because then I found this one. It makes brownies that are moist, fudgy, dense, gooey, decadent, chocolatey, delicious….you get the idea. They are way better than a box and they are easy too! Just make sure you whip these up when there are people around or you might polish off a whole pan by yourself!
Classic Fudge Brownies
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Line a 9×13 baking pan with aluminum foil (this is an important step and will make your life so much easier later on!) Spray generously with cooking spray.
- Melt semi sweet chocolate chips and butter in a medium sauce pan over medium-low heat. Whisk to combine.
- When they are completely melted and combined remove from heat.
- Whisk both sugars into the chocolate mix. Add in eggs, one at a time and then add vanilla. Whisk until combined.
- Stir in flour and salt until evenly incorporated and pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until center is set and a toothpick comes out clean.
- If you can, wait until they are completely cooled to cut into squares
Thanks Melissa! Don’t forget to also check out My Mommy Style where Melissa blogs regularly.